Audit and Certification for “Individual” and “Group” Farms
The JGAP/ASIAGAP Certification Program is open to any individual or group farm.
- The JGAP / ASIAGAP Audit and Certification for “Individual” is given to a sole proprietor or a farming corporation.
- The JGAP / ASIAGAP Audit and Certification for “Group” is given to a group of agricultural producers, defined as an multiple agricultural management entity, like JA (Japan Agricultural Cooperative), or an agricultural society or union.
How to become a certified farm
- To get started, download the JGAP/ASIAGAP standards. Make sure you understand the control criteria given. Please also identify your current situation (e.g., participation in a training course).
- Construct and follow operational procedures for your farm based on your specific needs.
- Perform a self-check of compliance and improve upon procedures as necessary.
- Select link to apply for an audit of your farm by the Certification Body.
- An audit is conducted to test for all control criteria and a final report will be sent to farm management.
- Correct the indicated areas of nonconformity and submit a report of these corrective actions to the Certification Body.
- Obtain a Certification depend on the result of audit and its corrective action report.
- Control Points and Compliance Criteria ⇒ applicable
- 100% compliant with “mandatory” components and showing more than 95% conformity to “important” items